Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Second of Several Exciting Announcements

The second exciting announcement is actually THREE announcements in one, all pertaining to recent developments in the celebrity world!

(yes, I know, they're not announcements about me or anything, but they've all fascinated me over the past week or so.  Just because I rarely update this blog doesn't mean I have a life or anything.)


#1: Adele Is Pregnant



The 24-year-old singer announced that she is expecting with her boyfriend.  Adele has reportedly been studying Supernanny for child-rearing tips.  This intrigues me, especially because Nanny Jo sounds so much like Adele, but more than that, this is terrific news!  Do you know why?  


It means that there will be a celebrity baby out there to counterbalance the Spawn of Snooki coming to a Jersey shore near you.

Snooki Walks a Baby Stroller Full of Beer & Party Supplies | Nicole Polizzi
(Well... at least she's not wearing high heels again?)

Seriously, now the next generations of both ends of the entertainment industry are covered.  And for that, we can all breathe a sigh of relief.


#2: Katie Holmes Is Leaving Tom Cruise

It's about time.  Run, Joey Potter, run.  And take that adorable mini-fashionista daughter with you!

Let freedom ring.

I'm happy for Katie Holmes and all, but honestly, my first matter of concern in seeing this pop up in Google News was, "But what will happen to Suri Cruise's fantastic tumblr blog?"

But I needn't have worried.  Carry on, Hollywood's Little Sweetheart, carry on.


#3: The Spice Girls Are Making a Musical



Let me repeat.



THE SPICE GIRLS ARE MAKING A MUSICAL.

If I weren't constitutionally opposed to the use of the term "squee," I would be using it now. A lot.

This December, London's West End will become the new home of Viva Forever!, a jukebox musical similar to the ABBA tribute Mamma Mia! in style and presentation, as well as in creators Jennifer Saunders and Judy Craymer (I guess if you have a winning recipe, why only bake one cake?).  And you thought our friends across the pond were going to be content with hosting the Olympics this year.

As a 90s pop music junkie (I still have and regularly wear a Hanson t-shirt), I was a huge fan of these British lasses, what with their tarty lyrics, tight harmonies, and Girl Power mantra.  And of course, the shoes.

A tiny part of me doesn't even care now if the Mayans are right about 2012.  After this musical debuts, won't we have reached the pinnacle of modern Western culture?

I kid.  But seriously, I am excited.  This had better make it to Broadway so I can hop on a bus to the Big Apple and see it for myself.  Girlfriends?  Who's with me?  Road trip?  We can start this month with a movie night to watch Spice World.  Just tell me when's good and, er... "Say You'll Be There." =)



2 comments:

  1. As Adele would say, "fanks" for such a great post keeping us all updated on the most important entertainment news out there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For you and your baby this might be a superb selection but you might have to look over some things just before your baby rides in it.There should certainly be cracks, dents, or gaps within the frame. Bolts and screws have to all be in place Anything less could trigger an accident, seriously injuring your baby. click here

    ReplyDelete