Tuesday, October 4, 2011

WRITE ALL THE THINGS!

Hi everybody,

Well, Husband and I are FINALLY settling back into our daily lives after returning from the Epic Trip of Epicity (and I've recovered enough from the waking nightmare that was Charles de Gaulle airport to blog about it - coming soon).  I've been getting my writing stuff in order as well, and I came across a couple of writing-related endeavors which may interest the word-inclined among you.


First is a pitch contest with literary agent Mandy Hubbard, hosted by YATopia: hook this excellent agent with your two-sentence pitch, and she will read your manuscript!  Further details are available on the website.  I know I'm entering!

http://yatopia.blogspot.com/2011/09/pitch-contest-with-agent-mandy-hubbard.html


Next is the infamous NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month (also known as November).  All around the world, writers of all ages and skill levels pledge to pound out a rough draft of a novel (50,000 words or more) in just 30 days.  I've been getting more efficient as a writer, and I have several ideas that I really want to get on paper in case I get swallowed by a dragon or something, so this sounded like a great opportunity to me. 

I'm going to do it!  And I hereby invite you all to suffer take this grand literary journey with me!  I'll do a fair amount of blogging about it next month, since my brain will probably be so over capacity that adverbs will start leaking out my ears.  But think about it!  Haven't you always wanted to write a novel?

http://www.nanowrimo.org/


That's all for now - more later.  Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment