Thursday, October 6, 2011

New Game!



Hey everybody!  Would you like to help me write a novel?





You would?  GREAT!

Here's the thing: Husband and I were chilling in a cafe in Paris, like we do on occasion, and we got on the subject of imaginary friends.  Not just imaginary friends, but one in particular.  I got really super-excited and almost spilled my glass of chinon.

Because I got an idea.

It was that great, tingly, prickly, bounce-in-your-chair-feeling kind of idea.  The kind of idea that, given enough pens, paper, and patience, turns into a book.  It's going to be all about imaginary friends, and I don't want to say much more about it yet because it's still pretty embryonic.  But I'm planning it now, and I'm going to attempt to draft it during National Novel Writing Month in November.

And that's where you come in!


(image credit: Hyperbole and a Half)


Did/do you have an imaginary friend?  More than one?  Do you enjoy making things up?  Do you want to be credited in a novel?  SHARE WITH ME!

Email me at joy.eilene (at) gmail.com, or post your imaginary friend ideas in the comments.  Names, physical traits, back stories, personalities, occupations... it's all fair game.  If I can use it in the book, I will -- and I'll credit you when it's eventually published!

So get imagining, net-friends!  There's nothing too silly, too weird, or too adorable for inclusion.  Thanks in advance for your creativity and support.  I can't wait to share more of this developing idea with you!

-Joy

3 comments:

  1. I'm emailing you today. I had a weird imaginary friend game that I played in Junior High. It was more like a "dark" imaginary friend. Maybe it will work for you. You are welcome to use my childhood :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Jen! I wouldn't have even thought of "older"/"darker" imaginary friends! Can't wait to read about it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had an imaginary friend (before Sissy was born). Her name was Elizabeth (aka my middle name) and she had pigtails and once her pigtails got tangled up in the swing at the playground. It was disastrous and yes, I cried. Over my imaginary friend and her imaginary hair. LOL.

    ReplyDelete