Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween with the Grammar Assassin Ninja

(Pictures and caption re-posted from Halloween 2010, because I think it was my absolute peak of Halloween costuming)

Well, I've been running around like a crazy person this past week, trying to get the house ready for our murder mystery weekend (detailed blog confessional on THAT forthcoming).  That's my roundabout way of apologizing for not utterly blowing your minds before now.

In other words, here are some photos of my Halloween costume.

The Grammar Assassin Ninja shows no mercy.


The Grammar Assassin Ninja considered telling you to "Wax on, wax off"; however, doing so would invoke both dangling prepositions and a run-on sentence.  She will instead implore you with the imperative, "Exercise your muscles in a repetitive fashion, in order to ready yourself for the Cobra Kai fighters."


The Grammar Assassin Ninja says, "Bring it."  She is aware that "it" is ambiguous. 


The Grammar Assassin Ninja knows what you're thinking.  Yes, she can levitate objects with her mind.  "Elements of Style" indeed.


I also wanted to let you know that, like a genuine ninja, I will be periodically disappearing into the night this month, as NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) kicks off in about an hour!  I will attempt to write an entire first draft of at least 50,000 words by midnight on November 30.

Though I'll be writing for hours on end, I'll brave the perils of carpal tunnel syndrome and sedentary obesity to keep you posted on the project throughout the month (it's the one with imaginary friends).  For now, though, net-friends, I just want to say thanks in advance for your support.  The Grammar Assassin Ninja is grateful.

Also...

Happy Halloween, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Hahahaha oh man this is great . . . wow.

    Good luck in NaNoWriMo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Devin! :)

    I'm about to see how well speed-writing goes with my un-turn-off-able inner grammarian... But I passed the first 1,000 words over my lunch break (YAY!), so I guess I'll manage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work! Nothing like a milestone for inspiration to reach the next one.

    Every year I want to do the whole NaNoWriMo thing, but I never do. I wish the designated month was July and not November haha--I have all these ideas for shorter pieces in the fall and winter, longer ones in the summer.

    Strange, I know. :P

    ReplyDelete