Thursday, November 4, 2010

POLL WINNER: Grammar Assassin Ninja

Well, I've been running around like a crazy person this week, trying to get the house ready for a shingdig this weekend.  That's my roundabout way of apologizing for not utterly blowing your minds before now.

In other words, here are some photos of my Halloween costume. 

The Grammar Assassin Ninja shows no mercy.


The Grammar Assassin Ninja considered telling you to "Wax on, wax off"; however, doing so would invoke both dangling prepositions and a run-on sentence.  She will instead implore you with the imperative, "Exercise your muscles in a repetitive fashion, in order to ready yourself for the Cobra Kai fighters."


The Grammar Assassin Ninja says, "Bring it."  She is aware that "it" is ambiguous. 


The Grammar Assassin Ninja knows what you're thinking.  Yes, she can levitate objects with her mind.  "Elements of Style" indeed.


In case you were wondering, I'm working on the next installment of Wedding Mishaps (Inebriated Guests), so that should be up this weekend.  If you have any suggestions for the Grammar Assassin Ninja, please let me know!  I would be delighted to re-garb, grab my Strunk & White, and get some more super-sweet photos.

Happy (Belated) Halloween, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Ok I just choked on my coffee. Thanks, love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahaha omg that is the best costume ever XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite part...you have TWO copies of Strunk & White :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, what if one isn't enough? :)

    (The Husband and I discovered the spare when we finally unpacked our bookshelves a couple of weeks ago. It's basically what inspired me to be a grammar ninja.)

    ReplyDelete