Everybody likes points, right? Unless they're on your license. So I thought I would try compartmentalizing this particular Monday into point values, and see whether I won or lost this day. Ready... GO!
- No breakfast this morning, because I wasted about 11 minutes deciding whether or not to wear a skirt (I didn't): -5 points
- Made french-press coffee at work: +5 points (net 0)
- Grabbed Chipotle for lunch! Splurged on chips and guac, because I needed sustenance for the three-hour meeting this afternoon: +20 points (net 20)
- Assessed the nutritional value of my lunch, and realized that it added up to almost 1500 horribly delicious calories: -15 points (net 5)
- No class today, because the professor was out of town. Normally I would be a little let down, because the class is awesome, but I had a three-hour meeting, so no class meant less to make up: +10 points (net 15)
- Sat through the three-hour meeting: -4927 points (net -4912)
- Saw some whimsy and snark on http://www.regretsy.com/: + 374 points (net -4538)
- Went to choir rehearsal, where we started our CHRISTMAS MUSIC!!!!!!!! +519 points (net -4019)
- Tutored one of my wonderful SAT students: +125 points (net -3894)
- Finally agreed on a paint color with the Husband, so we can paint our bathroom before we tile the floor: +98 points (net -3796)
- Came home and opened the mailbox to find my free
+4,000 points (net 4)
I eked out a win today! Thank goodness I checked the mail. How was YOUR day in points?