Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Dozen Office Haikus

A while back, I polled what I should write about.  One of the things listed was Office Haikus.  I don't remember if it won, but I'm going to write some anyway.  I tried to keep them philosophical.  Enjoy!


PAPERCLIP
You're on MS Word.
NO I do not want your help!
Be useful, slacker.


MOUSE
Sometimes you're helpful.
Sometimes you get in the way.
You're all right, I guess.


PENCIL CUP
Thanks for holding those!
... Did someone steal my blue pen?
Well, SPEAK UP!  DID they?


KEYBOARD
Finally learned how
To use those accent keys - yay!
What is F9 for?


POST-ITS
Need more syllables
To describe your awesomeness.
In every color!


PRINTER
Where's my document?
Seriously, where is it?
... This is NOT OVER!


THREE-HOLE PUNCH
You're so efficient!
Trouble is, I never get
The holes lined up right. :(


SHARPIE
You don't smell that good
But I'll sniff you anyway.
Life is better now.*

 
KEYBOARD II
Do you really need
All those function keys?  Really?
Can't I just use ALT?


TELEPHONE
Hey there, perk up, sport!
Don't be jealous of cell phones.
You're still, er... useful.


LETTERHEAD
When I print on you,
It makes me feel important.
*Types letter to self.*


STAPLER
Bless your little heart,
You hold my life together.
Please don't stab my thumb.





*Don't sniff Sharpies, kids.  Sniff the non-toxic Mr. Sketch markers.  They smell way better, and they don't turn your brain into a swiss cheese.

4 comments:

  1. Nice. *waits for more haikus about other things*

    wait, why is Things That Make Me Cry one of the labels? which one of these office supplies hurt you?! *hurls them all out the window* There. Fixed it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best Haikus I have read in a long time :) thank you! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post sums up my life at work so accurately it's scary. Visiting from 20sb, love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren - THANK YOU.
    *thinks hard about more haikus to post, to make Lauren happy* I'll put up more soon!

    Marsy - ... how long has it been since you read a haiku? ;-)

    Sarah - Thanks for stopping by! Stay awhile if you want - more trials and tribs from office life are forthcoming...

    ReplyDelete